How many guests can you host at the Canmore Nordic Centre
Do you have a minimum spend?
We do not have a minimum spend for weddings hosted in 2020.
For 2021 our minimum spend is $7000 for weddings hosted on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or statutory holidays. For weddings on a Monday to Thursday, the minimum spend is $5000.
Please note that unlike other venues, the minimum spend can be reached by including; the venue rental package, indoor or outdoor ceremony package, all food and beverage (incl guest bar spend) and additional extras.
Are we required to use Cornerstone for our catering?
- All food must be catered by Cornerstone Catering
Can we have a food tasting?
- Of course. We believe you should sample our delicious food before your special day. We offer complimentary food tastings approximately 3 – 5 months prior to your wedding.
Do you have a cake cutting fee?
- We do not charge to cut and serve your wedding cake to our buffet.
Can we bring in our own alcohol?
We can serve from 10am until 1am
What bar options are available?
- We can offer an open, cash, toonie, or ticketed bar to help work within your budget.
Can you help us to estimate our bar cost?
- Unfortunately, this is a difficult cost to estimate as there are so many factors to consider. However, we are happy to offer our experience on past weddings with you at your food tasting and planning meeting which is three months prior to your wedding day. Please take a look at our blog for further information https://cornerstonecanmore.com/wedding-bar-bill-top-tips/
Who sets up the room and décor?
Can I bring in extra décor?
- We want you to have the wedding of your dreams. So long as the extra decor is not damaging to the building there is flexibility. However, if you do have extra decor our policy is to ask us before purchasing anything as we do have the right to refuse.
- If you have firm decor ideas please discuss these with us prior to booking your wedding date.
Do you allow candles, fireworks or sparklers?
- Due to fire regulations only candles with a contained flame (for example, inside a mason jar) are allowed. Fireworks and sparklers are not allowed.
Do you have partnerships with any local accommodation?
- We can provide you with email addresses of the Sales Managers for some of the local condos and hotels within walking distance of the theatre. They would love to be able to assist you with your room blocks.
Do you have suggested vendors for flowers, photography and music?
- We do have regular local vendors that many of our wedding couples have worked with in the past. You can find details of these at the back of our Wedding Brochures.
What happens if I book my Outdoor Ceremony and it is raining?
We still ask that you provide us with notice (the day before your wedding day) as to where you will host your ceremony so we can organize our staffing and you can inform your guests.
What if I want to book my wedding reception more than 12 months in advance?
How much does it cost to rent a site for a ceremony?
Can we rent our ceremony chairs from Cornerstone Wedding?
Are there any other costs to move our outdoor ceremony inside?
If you have not purchased the Outdoor Ceremony Package but you decide you would like an indoor ceremony it is recommended that you purchase the Indoor Ceremony Package otherwise it is your responsibility to organize the furniture before and after the ceremony has taken place.