Avi’s Butter Chicken Recipe- Cornerstone Catering
Aside from having an amazing Executive Chef at Cornerstone Catering, we also have a chef and sous chef from India on our team. Chef Avi’s Butter Chicken Recipe is so popular at Cornerstone Cafe that we also offer it as part of our catering lunch menu.
This year we are also hosting an Indian menu themed wedding at Cornerstone Theatre.
Chef Avi’s Butter Chicken smells divine when it’s being cooked, that we felt it was only fair to share the recipe with you so your kitchen can smell as good as ours.
30 mins plus at least 2 hours for marinade
1/4 cup Yoghurt
1 1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala(5 spice Blend)
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp. Coriander Powder
1 tsp. Fresh Ginger paste
2 tsp. Fresh Garlic Paste
1tsp. Canola oil
1 lb. Chicken Thighs (cubed)
Garlic Naan Bread
3 tsp. Ghee/ Butter
1 1/2 cup. Tomato puree
1/4 cup. Onion puree
1/4 cup. Cashew paste
1 tbsp. Honey
1 tsp. Sugar
1 cup. Heavy Cream
1 tbsp. Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek)
1 tbsp. Ginger and Garlic paste
1/2 tsp. Green Cardamom
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Black Pepper
To taste. Salt
1 tbsp. Cilantro
- Blend all marinade ingredients in blender and make a fine smooth paste
- Cut chicken thighs in cube size and add marinate paste and keep it for at least 2 hours.
- In heavy pan/pot add Ghee/Butter. Once Butter stars melting add ginger, garlic paste and simmer it for minute. Then add tomato puree, onion puree and simmer for 10 min.
- Then add the rest of spices – black pepper, green cardamom, nutmeg, kasoori methi. Mix all spices and then add marinated chicken.
- Let chicken cook until it’s soft and juicy and then finish it with adding heavy cream, cashew paste, honey, sugar, salt to taste and cilantro.
- Serve with basmati rice or garlic naan bread.